We are a non-profit organization fostering excellence at Metro School by supporting activities that help to directly educate its students or to enhance their educational experience. The PTO is the forum through which parents can work with teachers and therapists in the common mission to help our students develop skills to maximize their independence and become contributing members of the community.
We raise funds to benefit student education, we provide support and encouragement to the teachers in their charge to educate, and we are boosters for school spirit and volunteers for community activities that benefit the school.
March 14 week - Read-a-thon with themed interactive reading stations and volunteers, to raise funds for our students. Please contact the PTO, your student's teacher, or Donna Belk (see Metro School Home Page Volunteer Coordinator) if you are interested in volunteering.
March 14 week - Homecoming Week
Please see the flyer sent home regarding Homecoming Activities for your son or daughter! What a fun and socially appropriate week - be sure to support the literacy initiative linked with our fundraising, if you are able. Check out our PTO Activities tab to see how your contributions are valuable.
Mar 17th - Transition Fair -at East Meck HS 5:00-8:00;
Mar 25th - April 1st Spring Break;
April 12th PTO Mtg 3:30 in Parent's room;
April 14th - School Leadership Team mtg 1:00; April 20th - Early Release Day;
April 25th - Make-up day;
May 10th - PTO mtg 8:30 in Parent's room;
May 16th - SLT mtg 1:00; May 20th - Metro Fun Day;
June 3rd - Metro Graduation 7:00, Charlotte Convention Center.
A few updates:
1. We received the check from the golf tournament. Drum roll please.....$23,000. That is the largest amount we have ever received!
2. Earlier this year, we approved about $1,000 to be spent on assemblies.
3. Thanks to Kathy T and the hours that she has spent doing paperwork for the State of NC, we received a check for about $500 for reimbursement of sales tax that we have paid.
4. Our president received the quote for the tables that have no benches for recreation in the courtyard. They are $640 each. Purchasing the courtyard equipment will be a top priority
5. $300 in Walmart gift cards were delivered to a Metro Family struck by tragedy recently.
6. Snacks for teachers on workdays have gone well
7. We are processing teacher allotments and ordering of bracelets